Dutch Meyer Scholarship
L.R. “Dutch” Meyer made a gift to TCU in 1964 to initiate a scholarship fund for the children of former TCU athletes who elect to attend TCU.
Current Recipients of the DMS for the 2017-18 Academic Year:
|Grayson||Ankrom||Senior||Scott Ankrom ’89 Football|
|Megan||Ayers||Senior||Joey Ayers ’94 Ath. Mgr Football|
|Robert||Baugh||Sophomore||Robert Baugh ’80 Men’s Golf|
|Sienna||Benavides||Sophomore||Freddie Benavides’87 Baseball|
|McKenna||Breedlove||Senior||Joe Breedlove ’82 Football|
|Clayton||Crawford||Senior||Randy Crawford ’78 Men’s Tennis|
|Parker||Dubose||Freshman||Carroll Dubose ’64, Football|
|Carolyn||Dull||Sophomore||John Dull’87 Football|
|Haley||Falls||Freshman||John Dull’87 Football|
|Bryar||Ferguson||Junior||Stevanie Ferguson ’95 W. Track|
|Kendall||Flynn||Sophomore||Mike Flynn ’84 Football|
|Alise||Ford||Freshman||James Craig Ford ’87 Ath. Trn|
|Lauren||Godby||Junior||Kirk Godby ’85 Baseball|
|Kirsten||Hallmark||Freshman||Trey Hallmark ’87 Men’s Golf|
|Steven||Hood||Senior||Teresa Hood ’89 Women’s Golf|
|Meredith||Hullender||Senior||James Dodson ’58 Ath. Trainer|
|Abigail||Quinn||Junior||Dr. James Quinn ’76 Football|
|Carlyle||Rascoe||Junior||Daivd Rascoe’88 Football|
|Hayley||Redding||Freshman||Kelly Paul Redding ’90 Women’s Golf|
|Cassidy||Shabay||Sophomore||P.D. Shabay’67 Football|
|William “Cruz”||Shope||Freshman||Jared ’91 & Rachel ’93 Shope Baseball/W. Diving|
|Mitchell||Thresher||Freshman||Scott Thresher ’90 Men’s Soccer|
|Megan||Van Harp||Freshman||William Van Harp ’85 Football|
|John D.||Walker IV||Senior||John D. Walker III, ’90 football|
|Katherine||Wall||Senior||Kurt Wall ’87 Men’s Basketball|
Download PDF of Dutch Meyer Scholarship Application – CLICK HERE
- Applications are received at the Lettermen’s Association Office (deadline for application is Feb. 1 each year)
- Applications are recorded and placed on file at the TCU Lettermen’s Association Office.
- Lettermen’s Association staff researches member activity/history and adds data to the file.
- Applications are passed on to the Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid , Attn: Mike Scott.
- DSFA researches applicant’s TCU Application status and financial aid data to complete the file.
- DMS Committee meets on or before March 1 each year and is briefed on the DMS Applicants and is provided a report on the DMS fund and the available DMS funds to be awarded.
- DMS Committee makes formal recommendations as to scholarship recipients and individual scholarship amounts for each recipient.
- Scholarship Awards are announced no later than April 1 each year.
- Winners will be notified by letter signed by the Scholarship Committee in addition to normal DSFA communications.
- Winners will receive information from DSFA concerning disbursement procedures.
- Scholarship winners are instructed to contact the TCU Lettermen’s Association of information on photo day, Hall of Fame functions and other requirements.
REQUIREMENTS, GUIDELINES AND DUTIES OF DMS WINNERS
- The DMS is awarded on an annual basis to winners as long as they maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree as defined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. The scholarship is intended for undergraduate assistance and expires upon completion of the winner’s undergraduate degree or DMS recipient’s failure to maintain required academic progress.
- DMS scholarship amounts are determined on an annual basis.
- DMS awards can be revoked if low GPA, improper conduct or expulsion from TCU occurs.
- DMS winners are required to attend the TCU Lettermen’s Hall of Fame Banquet annually. No exceptions.
- By applying DMS winners grant permission to the TCU Lettermen’s Association to use their photo and likeness in DMS/TCU Lettermen’s Association promotional materials.