Dutch Meyer Scholarship
L.R. “Dutch” Meyer made a gift to TCU in 1964 to initiate a scholarship fund for the children of former TCU athletes who elect to attend TCU.
Current Recipients of the DMS for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
|Sienna||Benavides||Senior||Freddie Benavides | ’87 Baseball|
|Madeline||Blair||Freshman||Robby Blair | ’93 M. Swimming|
|Abbie||Conrad||Sophomore||Ellie Stark | ’94 W. Tennis|
|Parker||DuBose||Junior||Carroll Dubose | ’64 Football|
|Caddie||Dull||Senior||John Dull | ’87 Football|
|Haley||Falls||Senior||Max Falls | ’76 M. Tennis|
|Ryan||Firestone||Junioor||Brad Firestone | ’92 Baseball|
|Alise||Ford||Junior||James Craig Ford | ’87 Athletic Trainer|
|Kristen||Godby||Sophomore||Kirk Godby | ’85 Baseball|
|Kirsten||Hallmark||Senior||Trey Hallmark | ’87 M. Golf|
|Mallory||McCurdy||Sophomore||Jeff McCurdy | ’97 Baseball|
|Sean||Payne||Freshman||Victor Payne | ’02 Football|
|Haley||Redding||Senior||Kelly Paul Redding | ’90 W. Golf|
|Grant||Sadler||Senior||Billy Sadler | ’72 Football|
|Avery||Sadler||Sophomore||Billy Sadler | ’72 Football|
|Cruz||Shope||Junior||Jared Shope | ’91 Baseball|
|Bella||Shope||Freshman||Jared Shope | ’91 Baseball|
|Brynne||Smith||Sophomore||Rob Smith | ’95 Football|
|Isabella||Thomas||Freshman||Kurt Thomas | ’95 M. Basketball|
|Mitchell||Thresher||Sophomore||Scott Thresher | ’90 M. Soccer|
|Meagan||Van Harp||Senior||William Van Harp | ’85 Football|
Download PDF of Dutch Meyer Scholarship Application – CLICK HERE
- Applications are received at the Lettermen’s Association Office (deadline for application is Feb. 1 each year; extended to Feb. 14 for 2020)
- Applications are recorded and placed on file at the TCU Lettermen’s Association Office.
- Lettermen’s Association staff researches member activity/history and adds data to the file.
- Applications are passed on to the Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid , Attn: Mike Scott.
- DSFA researches applicant’s TCU Application status and financial aid data to complete the file.
- DMS Committee meets on or before March 1 each year and is briefed on the DMS Applicants and is provided a report on the DMS fund and the available DMS funds to be awarded.
- DMS Committee makes formal recommendations as to scholarship recipients and individual scholarship amounts for each recipient.
- Scholarship Awards are announced no later than April 1 each year.
- Winners will be notified by letter signed by the Scholarship Committee in addition to normal DSFA communications.
- Winners will receive information from DSFA concerning disbursement procedures.
- Scholarship winners are instructed to contact the TCU Lettermen’s Association of information on photo day, Hall of Fame functions and other requirements.
REQUIREMENTS, GUIDELINES AND DUTIES OF DMS WINNERS
- The DMS is awarded on an annual basis to winners as long as they maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree as defined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. The scholarship is intended for undergraduate assistance and expires upon completion of the winner’s undergraduate degree or DMS recipient’s failure to maintain required academic progress.
- DMS scholarship amounts are determined on an annual basis.
- DMS awards can be revoked if low GPA, improper conduct or expulsion from TCU occurs.
- DMS winners are required to attend the TCU Lettermen’s Hall of Fame Banquet annually and work at least one TCU Lettermen’s Pre-Game Tailgate at a TCU Football home game.
- By applying, DMS winners grant permission to the TCU Lettermen’s Association to use their photo and likeness in DMS/TCU Lettermen’s Association promotional materials.